JOB VACANCY IN ANGUILLA FOR PRINCIPAL, SECONDARY SCHOOL
- Published date: January 23, 2017
- 1-264-497-3041, The Valley, Anguilla
JOB VACANCY IN ANGUILLA FOR PRINCIPAL, SECONDARY SCHOOL - The Valley, , Anguilla
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the post of Principal, ALHCS in the Department of Education of the Anguilla Public Service. The post will become vacant on December 01, 2015.
The post is in Grade C with a salary range of EC$120,552.00 to EC$128,028.00 per annum. The starting salary is dependent on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
The key duties of the post are:
1. Establish and communicate procedures to safeguard the health and safety of students and staff when authorized to be on the school's premises and when engaged in authorized school activities elsewhere.
2. Establish and ensure the application of disciplinary measures in accordance with the schools behaviour policy and Education Act, Regulations and Policies
3. Promote effective relationships with parents/guardians to facilitate the achievement of educational and social objectives.
4. Maintain good public relations with community and other partners (to foster their understanding and solicit their support and input in the school's programmes) and utilize the community resources to enrich the learning programme.
5. Develop/promote a pleasant and effective educational climate within the school which gives support to the staff and causes them to feel successful and to identify with the school's effort.
6. Maintain a school wide climate and organisation conducive to learning (high expectations, team work and cooperation, support positive attitudes etc.)
7. Attend and participate in meetings organized by the school's Board of Governors.
8. Ensure that all school activities undertaken are in compliance with the Education and all other relevant Acts, Regulations and Policies.
9. Participate in disaster management activities designed to prepare for, mitigate against and respond to disaster events.
10. Develop and implement strategies for improving and maintaining a high level of Customer Service in the public sector.
11. Perform other related duties as required by the job function.
Given the scope of the job, the incumbent must be fully conversant with the principles and practice of Schools management, be sensitive to the needs of the stakeholders, be capable of providing leadership to a highly trained and volatile employee corps and to a vulnerable student body. Demonstrate the qualities of leadership, executive ability, personality and character consistent with the position, adhere to the appropriate code of ethics, set a high standard in the field of public relations, and keep informed and up to date regarding new developments in curriculum, instruction and management.
Such qualities are normally acquired in the process of reading for a degree in Education or a discipline relevant to the school's curriculum together with a master's degree in Management or Public Administration from an accredited institution, with not less than five (5) years' experience managing a sub-function of a School.
Persons interested in this position should obtain the necessary application form from the Department of Public Administration, The James Ronald Webster Building, The Valley, Anguilla. Application forms can also be downloaded from the government website at www.gov.ai.
The completed form along with supporting documentation should be returned on or before Thursday, 31 July 2014.
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"
Teaching Jobs Guangzhou (China) January 23, 2017 10000.00 Pound £
Teach in CHINA! - Modern city, convenient transportation, up - Guangzhou, China, China Panyu is located in the central and southern Guangdong Province, China, the Pearl River Delta hinterland, north of the Pearl River estuary. Guangzhou is a city.A k...
Teaching Jobs Milan (MI) January 23, 2017 Free
Teach in Italy - Milan, MI, Italy * NO FEES CHARGED * NO ITALIAN IS NECESSARY * WORK WITH A RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY AGENCY WITH OVER 14 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE * REFERENCES AVAILABLE FROM PAST/ CURRENT TEACHERS AND SCHOOLSSince 1993 Europlacements has b...
Teaching Jobs Shenzhen (China) January 23, 2017 11000.00 Pound £
Teach in CHINA! - Famous training center in Shenzhen, up to - Shenzhen, China, China English teachers needed in Longhua, Shenzhen, details are as follows:1: Teaching English as a Second Language.2: Lesson planning and preparation as well as curriculu...